1. Guard your privacy. What people know about you is up to you.
2. Protect your reputation. Think twice before you reveal too much. What’s funny or edgy today could cost you tomorrow.
3. Nothing is private online. Anything you say or do can be copied, pasted, and sent to lots of people without your permission.
4. Assume everyone is watching. There’s a vast audience out there. If someone is your friend’s friend, they can see everything.
5. What goes around comes around. If you don’t want it done to you, don’t do it to someone else.
6. Balance your life. A virtual hug never matches a real one. Turn off the computer sometimes.
7. Choose wisely. Not all content is appropriate. You know what we mean.
8. Don't hide. Using anonymity to hide your actions doesn’t make you look trustworthy, or responsible.
9. Think about what you see. Just because it’s online doesn’t make it true.
10. Be smart, be safe. Not everyone is who they say they are.
© Common Sense Media